Friday 10 October 2014

Chelsea Signs Atletico Madrid's Diego Costa

Chelsea FC, currently led by Jose Mourinho, have signed a 5-year contract with Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa.
Diego Costa
Photo: Diego Costa
Information about the deal surfaced in March, . Months later the agreement has been reached, Sky Sports reports.
The 25-year-old footballer, who played for Spain at the concluded 2014 FIFA World Cup, was allegedly transferred to the Premier League club for the fee of £32million, however the official information on the price of the deal was not provided.
Responding to his move to Chelsea, Costa said:
“Everybody knows it is a big club in a very competitive league, and I am very excited to get started in England with a fantastic coach and team-mates.”
It would be recalled that . That game ended up in 3-1 victory for the Spanish club, which though yielded the championship to Real Madrid.
After joining his new club, Costa recalled the tournament match:
“Having played against Chelsea last season I know the high quality of the squad I am joining. I would like to thank everybody at Atletico who made me into the player I am, it was an incredible time for me, but now I am starting a new adventure and I hope to win many trophies with Chelsea.”

No comments:

Post a Comment